FREE CONSULTANCYWeekly group calls: Tuesday for life and goal questions, Fridays for business and website questions
Totally Free Weekly Life and/or Business Consultancy
Are you desperate to change your life but can’t afford 1-1 coaching?
Are there goals you want to achieve but don’t have the foggiest idea where to start?
Have you tried coaching/ mentoring before but felt like it was a giant waste of money?
Do you want to take your business to the next level?
Are you bamboozled by websites?
Want to start your own business but don’t even know where to begin?
What You Get
Totally free support, advice and honest opinions on weekly group calls.
If you have any business, web, life or goal related question hop on to the relevant call.
Show up as and when you need to. All you have to do is sign up to receive the url links so that you can join in.
How It Works
Sign up to receive my newsletter and each week you’ll receive the links to join in the video calls.
Once you’re on the call you can ask questions by typing them in to the chat box (everyone apart from me will be muted).
Each call will last at least roughly 30 mins, sometimes more depending on how many questions there are and what other commitments I have that day. As the group grows over time the length will be extended up to an hour or so.
I will answer as many questions as possible in the time. I will offer my opinions and suggestions based on my expertise and experience.
Of course, there might be questions I don’t know the answer to, in those cases I will tell you honestly I won’t just spout BS at you! Remember I’m not magic or all knowing!
Claire Norcliffe, Overland Campers
Mesmear Farm and Holiday Cottages
Let Me Explain
So you’re probably wondering what the catch is? Why do I offer my services for free when I could charge?
Let me explain….
I remember what it was like to desperately want to improve my situation and change life for my family.
I remember wishing there was someone who could offer advice when I was struggling to start and then grow my business.
It was so frustrating knowing that there were so many successful people, so many women who’d managed to create the elusive work-life balance, and I couldn’t find any useful free help anywhere and I certainly couldn’t afford to pay for it.
As I got the hang of it and things slowly started to improve I tried out coaches and mentors but all I found was vague waffle.
I want to do things differently.
I will give honest opinions, feedback, suggestions and practical advice.
I don’t want you to be sat at home struggling to change your life. I’m here to help you.
I’m Here For You…
This is a service for you. You have my experience, advice and honest opinions at your disposal.
This can include questions on, but not limited to, the following:
Personal Goal Setting
Business Goal Setting
Content Creation Advice
I started Swell Pixel (web design, hosting and digital marketing) over 10 years ago and it’s still going strong.
I’ve led training sessions for nationwide organisations and provided consultation services to GTAs (Group Training Associations)
I’ve undertaken volunteer work with major conservation charities and I’m currently RNLI volunteer lifeboat press officer for my local station
Advice and Guidance
I’ve provided hundreds of new and growing businesses with advice, guidance and mentoring
We sold our home, bought a motorhome and spent months travelling around Scandinavia
We took a gap year and moved to a beautiful cottage in the Scottish Borders surrounded by wildlife
Halved Work Hours
Havled both my own & my husband’s working hours. Now I work 15 hours a week. More time for cream teas!
In 2017 we moved to our dream location on the north coast of Cornwall
I created a productive smallholding from a few acres of neglected land
I spent 4 weeks living in a tent on an archaeological dig. I found this pot which is now in a museum!
Completed a degree in archaeology, for no reason other than it was fun.
I’ve had work published in both print and online media, including a series of articles in a travel magazine
I’m very much a wildlife geek so I love going on bat walks, trying to spot dolphins, bird watching and generally being in peaceful surroundings reconnecting with nature
So…. I hate fishing. It’s stinky, slimey and apparently takes all day BUT I’m glad the boy can do his hobby and it means I get to go walking in peace!
As a family we focus on doing things we love including lots of micro-adventures and experiences.
We go to the beach at least three times a week and even went in the sea on Christmas day. I don’t surf because I have no co-ordination but I love bodyboarding.
What You Need To Know About Me
Everything I’ve done …
- I’ve built a successful business from scratch that has been going strong for over 10 years (and also have a couple of passive income side hustles, one of which has been generating income since 2008 and in 2020 started Forge and Thrive which is already, ahem, thriving)
- Prior to becoming my own boss I worked in senior admin and managerial positions. I know how to organise and I’m the queen on creating lists.
- I’ve led training sessions for nationwide organisations and provided consultation services to GTAs (Group Training Associations)
- I’ve provided hundreds of new and growing businesses with advice, guidance and mentoring
- I’ve paid off thousands of pounds of debt
- As a family we’ve forged a life for ourselves that we love filled with time for hobbies, cake and fun.
- We’ve travelled, holidayed and relocated to our dream area.
- We’ve created a smallholding and kitchen garden from scratch.
- We’ve created a life filled with possibilities and opportunities for our son (without him becoming spoiled or arrogant)
- I believe that everyone should have the opportunities and tools to improve their life and fulfil their goals
What I am not
- I’m not magic. I can’t provide magic solutions to all your problems. I can only provide practical advice to change your life one step at a time.
- I’m not special. Well, at least I’m no more special than anyone else in the world. If I can create a life I love, so can you.
- I’m not hardworking. In fact the whole reason I work for myself, the very reason I set up my own business and multiple income streams is so I could work LESS. If you’re a workaholic I’m probably not the consultant for you.
- I’m not a millionaire (yet) but I lead the life I want to lead, doing the things I want to do and having fun.
- I’m not materialistic. I don’t like fancy food, cars or handbags. I don’t like fancy holidays. My house is not clean. I like to be outside, preferably with the sea in view, in comfy clothes
- I don’t wear make-up and my hair is usually scrapped up into what I like to think of as a messy bun… the teenager argues that it’s modelled on Miss Trunchbull
- I’m not all-knowing – there may be questions you ask me that I can’t answer but you can be assured that I’ll do my research and get back to you as soon as I can.
- Despite my working life revolving around technology I don’t actually like gadgets or tech that much. I certainly don’t get excited by new phones, ipads or speakers. They are purely a tool that makes it possible for me to lead the life I want. Which is outside, in nature, by the sea.
Very Importantly ….
I am not a doctor – I can sympathise with any health issues you have but I can’t offer advice on treatment or medication. Please see a doctor, consultant or other medical professional.
I am not a solicitor or lawyer – if you need advice about anything legal then you need to speak to a qualified professional.
I am not an accountant or financial adviser – if you need specific advice abut your finances, investments or tax returns you need to speak to a qualified person.
I am not a debt councillor – There are charity and not-for-profit organisations you can speak to if you are struggling financially. If you are in financial hardship please seek help as there may be more options available to you than you are aware of.
I am not a therapist or councillor – if you are struggling with your mental health, have marital or relationship problems, are suffering any form of abuse (including, but not limited to, substance abuse, alcohol abuse, physical or sexual abuse) please, please contact a trained specialist who will be able to help you.
Keep up to date
Follow me on social media :