FORGE & THRIVE
There’s more to life … I’ll teach you how to get it!
Discover how to ditch the stress, overwhelm and frustrations to achieve your goals, have more fun and enjoy life to the full!
Hi, I’m Lorna
I’m passionate about making every day count and I’m here to help you do the same.
Working just 15 hours a week I run two successful businesses, one of which has been going strong for over 10 years.
The rest of the time I focus on the important things in life.
I know that you feel as though there must be an easier way. That there’s more to life than being stuck on the same old hamster wheel day after day and getting no where. That as each day passes you’re still desperately trying to get a toe-hold on the year, so busy trying to keep up with the things that ‘must be done’ that your goals seem to be sliding past and out of your grasp.
Let me help you take control. With super simple, practical methods you’ll take back the reins and make your life amazing, joyful, successful and full of contentment.
Just in case you’re a teeny bit cynical…
I practice what I preach!
It’s important to me that EVERYONE has access to tools that can change their life.
I remember what it was like before I had my shit together. I needed help and guidance but couldn’t afford anything on offer by internet gurus, let alone 1-1 advice from coaches or consultants. So I had to struggle through and work it out on my own.
With that experience at the forefront of my mind I offer loads of freebies to help you get started and will be holding regular Q&As on my Facebook page.
Mum & wife, business woman, author-to-be, cake eater, beach lover, nature nerd, minimalist and queen of afternoon naps
I’ve crafted a life for my family with more time for having fun and making memories than working. I’ve created two successful businesses from scratch and both myself and my husband were able to semi-retired in our 30s. We now spend our afternoons walking the coast path, at the beach, in the ocean or enjoying beach-front cafes or cosy pubs.
Using simple, practical methods I changed our circumstances, achieved my goals and created a life I love. Best of all I did all of this BEFORE I was wealthy.
Let me help you change your life.
I first met Lorna 10 years ago. I was taking the plunge of starting my own business & Lorna helped to design and develop my website. As well as helping with the technical front, she was a mentor to me, offering me sound business advice.
Years later, watching Lorna and her family redesign a life on their terms & move location, really inspired me and showed me what’s possible. Here I am and one year on since my family and I have done the same, with Lorna’s support. We now live in a location we love, have redesigned how we work, the kids are thriving and more importantly, we have the lifestyle change we were looking for.
It wasn’t always easy as even positive change feels scary, but Lorna helped me navigate the uncomfortable feelings. If you feel stuck and want to make a changes. I can highly recommend Forge and Thrive.
Gemma Montgomery, owner of Gemma Montgomery Skin
Get more out of life!
See how I can help…
SOLD OUT – All 1-1 Consultancy spaces are now fully booked
1:1 Consultancy – 12 Weeks
Want to change your life but need structured support and a proper plan?
Know what you want to achieve but not got a clue how to make it happen?
Do you know what you should be doing but need a kick up the arse to actually do it?
If you’ve answered yes to any of the questions above then 1:1 consultancy is for you!
This structured support will help you achieve your goals faster, remove overwhelm, reduce procrastination and provide a solid support network for you.
Each week we will have a video call and I’ll also be available daily, by email, to provide support and encouragement, answer any questions you have, discuss and help find solutions to any problems you’re dealing with, provide accountability and celebrate your results.
Learn Why A Website Doesn’t Equal Success
and What To Do Instead
A short ecourse for new and fledgling businesses that are considering creating/ buying a website
5 modules that will help you understand websites, the online world and why websites are not magic bullets
PLUS a downloadable ebook with all the information for you to save or print.
In-Depth Website Review
How to get the most from your website
Each website page (including blog posts and product pages) will be reviewed in detail.
You will receive a full report on how you can improve your website design, text content and images to make it work better for you and your business.
The report will be clear, jargon-free and provide practical, easy to follow, advice on what you should change, add or delete.
Claire Norcliffe, Overland Campers
Mesmear Farm and Holiday Cottages
I Practise What I Preach
Here are just some of the goals I’ve achieved
I started Swell Pixel (web business) over 10 years ago and it’s still going strong.
Halved Work Hours
Havled both my own & my husband’s working hours. Now I work 15 hours a week. More time for cream teas!
We sold our home, bought a motorhome and spent months travelling around Scandinavia
In 2017 we moved to our dream location on the north coast of Cornwall
We took a gap year and moved to a beautiful cottage in the Scottish Borders surrounded by wildlife
I created a productive smallholding from a few acres of neglected land
I’ve undertaken volunteer work with major conservation charities and the RNLI
I spent 4 weeks living in a tent on an archaeological dig. I found this pot which is now in a museum!
Completed a degree in archaeology, for no reason other than it was fun.
I’ve had work published in both print and online media, including a series of articles in a travel magazine
As a family we focus on doing things we love including lots of micro-adventures and experiences.
We go to the beach at least three times a week and even went in the sea on Christmas day.
What You Need To Know About Me
Everything I’ve done …
- I’ve built a successful business from scratch that has been going strong for over 10 years (and also have a couple of passive income side hustles, one of which has been generating income since 2008 and in 2020 started Forge and Thrive which is already, ahem, thriving)
- Prior to becoming my own boss I worked in senior admin and managerial positions. I know how to organise and I’m the queen on creating lists.
- I’ve led training sessions for nationwide organisations and provided consultation services to GTAs (Group Training Associations)
- I’ve provided hundreds of new and growing businesses with advice, guidance and mentoring
- I’ve paid off thousands of pounds of debt
- As a family we’ve forged a life for ourselves that we love filled with time for hobbies, cake and fun.
- We’ve travelled, holidayed and relocated to our dream area.
- We’ve created a smallholding and kitchen garden from scratch.
- We’ve created a life filled with possibilities and opportunities for our son (without him becoming spoiled or arrogant)
- I believe that everyone should have the opportunities and tools to improve their life and fulfil their goals
What I’m not…
- I’m not magic. I can’t provide magic solutions to all your problems. I can only provide practical advice to change your life one step at a time.
- I’m not special. Well, at least I’m no more special than anyone else in the world. If I can create a life I love, so can you.
- I’m not hardworking. In fact the whole reason I work for myself, the very reason I set up my own business and multiple income streams is so I could work LESS. If you’re a workaholic I’m probably not the consultant for you.
- I’m not a millionaire (yet) but I lead the life I want to lead, doing the things I want to do and having fun.
- I’m not materialistic. I don’t like fancy food, cars or handbags. I don’t like fancy holidays. My house is not clean. I like to be outside, preferably with the sea in view, in comfy clothes
- I don’t wear make-up and my hair is usually scrapped up into what I like to think of as a messy bun… the teenager argues that it’s modelled on Miss Trunchbull
- I’m not all-knowing – there may be questions you ask me that I can’t answer but you can be assured that I’ll do my research and get back to you as soon as I can.
- Despite my working life revolving around technology I don’t actually like gadgets or tech that much. I certainly don’t get excited by new phones, ipads or speakers. They are purely a tool that makes it possible for me to lead the life I want. Which is outside, in nature, by the sea.
Very Importantly ….
I am not a doctor – I can sympathise with any health issues you have but I can’t offer advice on treatment or medication. Please see a doctor, consultant or other medical professional.
I am not a solicitor or lawyer – if you need advice about anything legal then you need to speak to a qualified professional.
I am not an accountant or financial adviser – if you need specific advice about your finances, investments or tax returns you need to speak to a qualified person.
I am not a debt councillor – There are charity and not-for-profit organisations you can speak to if you are struggling financially. If you are in financial hardship please seek help as there may be more options available to you than you are aware of.
I am not a therapist or councillor – if you are struggling with your mental health, have marital or relationship problems, are suffering any form of abuse (including, but not limited to, substance abuse, alcohol abuse, physical or sexual abuse) please, please contact a trained specialist who will be able to help you.
FORGE & THRIVE Create a better life one step at a time WE HALVED OUR INCOME BUT DOUBLED OUR LIVES At the start of 2017 I had a pretty good life-balance. Life was already a world away from just a few short years earlier, when I was...
FORGE & THRIVE Create a better life one step at a time How The Worst Business Decision I Ever Made Led To My Success When I was in my 20s I was VERY naïve about business. My husband and I had an idea for a web based business and (even...
FORGE & THRIVE Create a better life one step at a time What does success mean to you? The most important thing you need to do when taking steps to improve your life is to be really clear about your own definition of success. Don't look to...
Keep up to date
Follow me on social media :